Laphroaig Distillery

  • Laphroaig distillery established in 1815, by Donald and Alexander Johnston.

  • Whisky distillery from Islay region in Scotland.

  • Produces Single Malt Whisky & has capacity 3.4 million litres per annum.

  • The distillery is open, operated by Beam Suntory & owned by Suntory Holdings from 2014 – present.

  • By 1923 the Laphroaig capacity had doubled and the maltings, as they now stand, were completed. A new wash still and spirit still were erected. During the war, the Laphroaig distillery was commandeered as a military depot. By 1972 the number of stills had been increased to seven and in the 1980’s installed a new still house roof. In 1994, HRH Prince Charles visited Laphroaig for the first time and gave the distillery his Royal Warrant. As well as being found on each bottle, the royal coat of arms is inscribed on the 200-year-old walls of the original buildings. In the same year, 1994, the Friends of Laphroaig was launched, the first of the modern member’s associations, there are currently over of 600,000 members. In 2008 HRH Prince Charles visited Laphroaig for the second time, this time as part of his 60th birthday celebrations.

Laphroaig Logo 1815 single malt whisky distillery islay scotland

Visit Website

Start typing and press Enter to search